1950 BRISTOL L6B, NAE 3, 2467
NAE3 was one of the first batch of 3 Eastern Coach Works bodied Bristol L6B coaches delivered to Bristol Tramways after the war: the body shape was to be continued in the next few years, but with longer and wider Bristol L coaches, and with their radiators enclosed behind a new look front.
NAE3 was renumbered 2052 and repainted cream and red before being withdrawn in the early sixties: she served for many years with Pearce’s of Claverham before being damaged in an accident. Acquired for preservation, she eventually passed to Tony Brown who kept her for over 15 years, starting work on the restoration.
In early 2007 she passed to Mike Walker as part of the Bristol Omnibus Vehicle Collection and was taken to Andy Crockett’s shed close to the Scottish Vintage Bus Museum for restoration by Andy and Roland “The Bus Doctor” Williams.
Although the restoration was virtually complete in Scotland, certain mechanical and electrical items were not able to be completed due to Roland’s illness, and 2467 came back south of the border to receive attention at Chepstow Classic Bus in Chepstow. After successfully passing her MOT test, 2467 made her first public appearance at the North Somerset Coaches 40th anniversary running day in Nailsea at the end of April.