© Bristol Omnibus Vehicle Collection 2013. All rights reserved.
ERU513 entered service as a Bristol L5G bus with Hants and Dorset Motor Services
in 1939, chassis number 48.144, and by 1971 it had been converted to a towing vehicle
with a Gardner 6LW engine.
It is believed that it last saw service around 1979 and then passed to preservationist
William Staniforth, being bought by Mike Walker in 2010 principally for the Gardner
The bus has been stored at the Tower Farm site of the Aston Manor Transport Museum,
but because of the closure of the museum ERU513 was brought to a new base at Weston
super Mare in mid October 2011.
It is now proposed to restore the vehicle to use as a Collection recovery vehicle,
but it may be some time before a start is made on this.