1959 BRISTOL LD6G 969EHW, L8515
969EHW was part of a batch of buses delivered to the Bath operating subsidiaries of Bristol Omnibus Company in part to displace the lowbridge Bristol KSW buses from the Bath to Salisbury service (see OHY938). She is a Bristol “Lodekka” type bus, with a Gardner 6-cylinder diesel engine driving through a five speed manual gearbox to a drop centre rear axle, enabling a low overall height whilst retaining central saloon gangways.
When she had finished her service in Bath she was acquired for use as staff transport at Bristol Aerospace at Filton, and then acquired by preservationist Geoff Green. Geoff did much work on her over a number of years but eventually sold her to Alan Peters and Mike Walker who arranged for the restoration to be finished off at Thamesdown Transport in Swindon. Here she was retrimmed (in leather!) and repainted and has been certified to carry fare paying passengers, often being used for wedding hires. She was also used in public service to celebrate the retirement of Terry Jones from Vista Coaches and the 40th anniversary of North Somerset Coaches.
At the 2005 EFE International Showbus event at Duxford she was awarded the prize for the Best Bristol/ECW combination at the event, and was a runner up for the “Doyen” double deck award.